At Dr Roth’s office in Dee Why (head office) you will find a large car park underneath the commercial offices. If you park on level B2 you can easily take the lift straight to level 2.
Dr Roth’s secretaries will hand you the “new patient form”, which can also be completed online beforehand, here – New patient registration form.
Dr Roth nearly always runs to time so you may want to arrive a few minutes beforehand.
Dr Roth will call you into his office and listen carefully as you go through the particular concerns and problems that need to be addressed. Any in-office procedures that need to be performed (for sample nasendoscopy or a micro-ear suction) will all be bulk billed directly to Medicare.
If you are seeking advice regarding a possible rhinoplasty, Dr Roth will:
- Take a complete and thorough medical history including asking about previous nasal injuries, sinus infections, allergy
- Carefully check the symmetry and study the strengths and weaknesses of your nose
- Examine your nose externally as well as internally using a nasal endoscopy to fully evaluate the structural integrity of your nose
- Examine your face from different angles: the front, side, from below, while resting and while smiling
- May use computer imaging to view how your nose might look with different procedures. This does take time the prepare these images so if you are interested in this you may like to let us know in advance so we can book you a longer consultation.
- Encourage you to ask any questions or express concerns
- Arrange any investigations that may be necessary
It is very common for Dr Roth to review patients over at least two consultations before surgery. This is particularly relevant to patients having cosmetic surgery.
For your consultation you are very welcome and encouraged to bring a friend or family member.
Once the consultation is complete a consultation fee will need to be paid to the secretaries. Part of this fee can be claimed back from Medicare.
You will not feel rushed. We will take as much time as is needed for you.
If you require surgery a quote can be prepared at the time of your visit. This often takes approximately ten minutes for the secretaries to do as they need to select the particular item numbers for your particular surgery and often check the rebate from your health fund. Please be patient as we calculate this for you. Each fund pays different amounts and even within funds certain plans pay at different rates. You will be provided with a written quotation that shows you exactly what Medicare and your health fund will pay and any out of pocket expenses. The surgery quote will be for Dr Roth’s services only and will be all inclusive. This will not change following the surgery.
When surgery is required you will also receive a bill from the anaesthetist and possibly from the hospital. If you have private health care often there is no out of pocket cost for the hospital component. We can give you a guide as to what these other fees will be (hospital and anaesthetist) but usually you will need to check with the anaesthetist themself and your health fund or the hospital as well.
When you require surgery you will need to select a hospital and a date. A booking form will be completed that then needs to be posted in to the hospital to confirm your booking.